My Blog List

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taking the Lead



I have taken on a new title.  ADVISER.  Not just adviser, but HEAD ADVISER.  For the 4-H club, that is.  I have taken over as head adviser for our 4-H club, Equine Enterprises.  However, the club basically disbanned at fair last year.  So, I have to start from "step 1".  Recruiting new members to make a head count of 5.  


My home will be the site of the first meeting for the new club.  We may even vote to change the name, due to the fact that not everyone will be able to have a horse for their project.  Some of them don't own a horse, or have access to a horse.  Therefore, we will be opening the club up to other projects, as long as it is not another animal.  We would have to have an adviser trained in that field, and all the training is pretty much done for the year.  Go figure!!


I have 1 day to whip this place into shape and whip up some appetizers and come up with a nice speech and presentation to prospective new members.  So, if you don't mind, I will end this here and update you after the meeting is over and I have had a chance to breathe.




GO 4-H!!!!



No comments: